We may collect your personal information for the following reasons:
- to interact with you by providing our services to you, including customer support
- to maintain our business records
- to assess applications for employment and to act as an employer
- to provide you with information about services that may be of interest to you
- any purpose required or permitted by law
- any purpose disclosed to you and to which you have consented
- any purpose that you would otherwise reasonably expect, and
- otherwise to manage our business.
How we collect your personal information
We collect and process personal information in three ways:
1) Information you give us
When you use the WeXchange service, we may ask for information about you or which identifies you or could reasonably identify you. This may include your name, date of birth, address, email address, the form(s) of identification you provide (e.g. passport or drivers licence) and the personal information contained within those forms of identification, mobile telephone number, land-line telephone number, credit or debit card information, other payment details, such as your bank or credit card account information as required by us in order to complete your transaction and provide your payment choices, and travel details (including future travel dates and destinations). If you do not provide the information, we require we may not be able to proceed with your order or provide our services to you.
2) Information we collect from your use of our services
We may collect information about you and how you use the WeXchange services. This could include:
- Transactional information about our Services and how you use them.
- Information you share with us when you contact us, or we contact you, for any reason either in writing, by phone or by any other means. This may for example be in-store at one of our branches, through our contact centres, online services or through social media.
- Content you post on our website, including personal descriptions, photographs and videos
- Information when you take part in promotions, or competitions or surveys.
- Registration information when you sign up to loyalty schemes offered by us.
- Details of your visits to the Online Services. This includes page interaction and Online Services site activity, including which website you came from, pages you viewed during your visit, and the page you viewed immediately after you left.
- Data collected by cookies and corresponding technologies, together with the personal information we have collected.
- Location information, for example your IP address.
- CCTV images from equipment in place at our change stores and ATMs for the purposes of prevention and detection of crime and public safety.
- When you apply for employment with us.
3) Information we receive from third parties
We may also receive information from third parties. This may include:
- Non-personal information used to supplement existing information, such as demographics and affluence metrics (e.g. social-demographic groupings through matching postcode information).
- Information about you from other sources with whom we work closely to provide the WeXchange services to you, including third party payment and delivery service providers, identity verification and fraud prevention services, and other companies in the WeXchange group.
How we use and disclose the information we collect
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- Collecting payment, processing and fulfilling your order, providing order tracking facilities, or otherwise providing you with the information, products and services you may request from us.
- Complying with our legal and regulatory obligations (including fraud prevention, anti-money laundering and sanction screening). This may include checking the information you provide to us against information from other sources.
- Enforcing any contract entered into between you and us for the WeXchange services
- Contacting you (including by email or SMS) with marketing messages according to your preferences.
- Providing you with any alerts, in App messages or other messages you have registered to receive.
- Providing you with service messages, notifying you about changes to our Services or changes to our terms, conditions and policies.
- Improving customer experience and our quality of service, including providing your information to our service providers, including IT services, insurers and mailing houses.
- Data analysis to allow us to derive insight and to help make the WeXchange services personalised and relevant, as well as to develop our business processes, products and services.
- Enabling us and third-party websites to display relevant and targeted advertisements, based on previous behaviour, purchases, or any other relevant information.
Information we share
We may disclose your personal information to any member of the WeXchange group. We do not share personal information with companies, organisations or individuals outside the WeXchange group for marketing purposes, nor do we sell your personal information. The only time your personal information may be shared with a third party is if:
- We have your prior consent to do so. For example, when you consent to receiving direct marketing or where the information is sensitive in nature.
- We need to provide your information to our professional advisers, including lawyers, accountants and auditors.
- We use a third party to send you targeted advertisements, using an identifier such as an email address or site cookies.
- We have aggregated, non-personal identifiable information, which is to be used for segmentation, statistical modelling, general research or trend analysis.
- We sell an existing business or asset or buy any new business or asset, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business assets.
- We are purchased by a third party, in which case personal information held by us including you as our customer may be transferred to the purchaser.
- We need to comply with the obligations we have to our third party product issuers or third parties providing products or services on our behalf, so that they may process your order or otherwise provide the information, products or services you have requested (please note that these third party product issuers have their own privacy policies and accordingly we cannot accept any responsibility or liability for the handling of personal information by such third parties in accordance with such policies).
- We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with our legal obligations. This includes exchanging information with other organizations, regulatory authorities, law enforcement agencies and government authorities for the purposes of anti-money laundering obligations and sanction compliance, fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Where appropriate, we will de-identify your personal information before disclosing it to a third party.
Retention of Personal Information
We only retain your personal information for as long as is reasonably necessary for us to use your information as described above or to comply with our legal obligations.
Maintenance of Accurate Information
We strive to ensure that the information we maintain about our customers is accurate, current and complete. We respond to requests from customers to correct inaccurate information in a timely manner. If you think we hold incorrect information about you, please contact us on (613) 8630 0322 or email@example.com.
Security and Storage
We have a number of security measures in place to protect your personal information which include storing your information on secure servers located in Australia and seeking to ensure that personal information we hold about you is protected from misuse, interference and loss caused by unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Our employees and our agents are required to treat any personal information confidentially. Please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information that you provide to us.
We may store your information in printed or electronic format, in our business locations or in storage and data processing facilities that are owned and operated by our service providers in Australia.
Links to Third Party and WeXchange Group Websites
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our group companies, selected partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and accordingly we cannot accept any responsibility or liability for such policies. It is therefore advisable to check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
Access to and correction of your information
If you would like access to the information, we hold about you, please send your request in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we refuse access, we will provide you with written notice setting out our reasons for the refusal. Any request may be subject to a prescribed fee, where we are legally permitted to charge in order to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information, we hold about you.
If you find that the information we hold about you is inaccurate or out-of-date then we will endeavour to correct it upon receiving your request in writing and any supporting documentation we may reasonably require.
Providing personal information about other people
You can provide us with another person’s personal information to enable us to contact them (for example by recommending a friend to use WeXchange services, or by entering them into a competition).
By providing the other person’s information we rely on you for the accuracy of their information such as email address, mobile phone number or postal address and that you have their permission to provide their personal information to us. A message may be sent to the other person using the contact details provided by you and this message will make reference to your name and explain to the recipient that you were the source of his/her contact details.
Removal from WeXchange marketing communications database
You may want to discontinue receiving promotional material from us if you have previously elected to receive this information. While this may mean that you will not receive product or service information of interest to you, we respect anyone’s wishes not to be informed directly of these promotions or product introductions.
You will be provided with an unsubscribe link in any email or SMS message we send and can unsubscribe at any time.
How do you make a Privacy related complaint?
If you wish to complain about how we handle your personal information, we encourage you to contact us (see Contacting Us below). Most complaints will be handled and resolved quickly, and you should expect to hear from us within 5 business days. If you are still not satisfied with our response, you may apply to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) to have your complaint investigated.
Phone: 1300 363 992
For more information please see our website www.wexchange.com.au. If you have any privacy related enquiries, you may contact us via any one of these channels:
Telephone: 613 8639 0322
Post: Privacy Officer, WeXchange Pty. Ltd.
Level M, 183 Exhibition Street
Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia.
WeXchange Pty. Ltd.
Level M, 183 Exhibition Street
Melbourne VIC. 3000
ABN 52 155 326 846